Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vet trip and Take out from KFC

Willow had a Doctor appointment today.....Rabies shot, heart worm test and trying to figure out what we can do to make her more comfortable from her awful skin allergies..those of you who don't know Willow has a severe allergy to PROTEIN....along with 14 others. anyway she weighs 18.8 lbs. Negative for heart-worms and healthy. just itchy from those darn allergies, so her Dr. prescribed her a new medication witch I was all for...anything to help her feel better, poor thing goes into a itching tizzy....so I agrees to try this new medication. he also put her on a medicated ointment for her Wrinkles...they get so soar. I was Psyched that she was on new meds. and Optimistic that she will be feeling better soon....The Kicker.......the bill..can I say Cha CHINGGGGGG! Ouch! are you ready for this???? okay.......$247&change. ya....the new Allergies meds he has her on was $115.00 and this was just enough for a month....so if it works I will have this payment along with my New Mortgage payment and car payment......UGGGG! So now I am really entertaining the idea of Pet Insurance But she is my Kid so I will do what ever it takes to make her comfy. So anyway here is a photo of Willow with her flashy Bandage she got after her Bloodwork..........She Likes pink.
Not helping her allergies but Willow found a few crumbs left from Dinner...
Where's Belle? I think she found a crumb the Willow missed! Gottta Love KFC!

2 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Wow, have you tried making your own dog food? Poor Willow! Poor you....What we don't do for these babies to keep them healthy. My hubby says we should add them to our health insurance and write them off on our taxes!

Love the shot of Belle in the KFC container!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Ya, I actually did and the smell from it cooking in the oven was HORENDOUS! It was a recipe for dry food. and she turned her nose up at it...I am no Betty Crocker when it comes to cooking Dog food. So she is on a prescription food from her vet. she seems to really enjoy it. Good thing because it is all she can eat. I have to even use the Kibble as treats too. Poor Willow can't even have real Dog treats.