Thursday, February 16, 2006

Feeling under the Weather















Poor Willow..I noticed she was shaking her head and flopping her ears alot the past few days and scratching her ears , I looked at them and her left ear was red and soar so,off to the Vet we went...sure enough she has a DOUBLE ear infection. Poor lil willow so she on antibiotics and ear drops. I can't believe she has a ear infection, This is something I have to deal with once or twice a year with my own Children but never thought I would be going to the Vet with Willow for them too....But I guess it is possible. So Willow already put herself in bed..(For Real) she scratched at our bed waiting for someone to pick her up ( she can't jump that high) to put her up on the bed. My Husband pulled down the covers and she went under the covers and plopped down and went to sleep.....I will try to take a picture if her under there...she looks so cozy.

4 comments:

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Poor baby! And the protein thing I have never heard of - what were her symptoms?

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I started to notice a skin and fur change on her about 8-9 months of age. she always would scratch and have rashes thruoghout her body then her fur would look *moth bitten* we had skin scrapings done a few times to rule out MANGE ( thank God she didn't I paniced when they told me that they were going to test for that) Then her Vet told me to wean her onto a different food, I did this for about a month and she got worse, it got to the point where it was VEry noticeable and people would ask questions... so the Itching was the worst of all she never could relax never slept good during the night I knew we had to go further trying to figue it out, We then had her get an allergy test...this was a 2 week wait for the test results...she is allergic to 15 different things such as DUST, Dust MITES,POLLIN yadda yadda but thre top Allergy was Protein....Go Figure? Protein! I thought we were doomed but the vet gave her a Prescription Diet of a Ver Low protein food...$$$$ CHA CHING $$$$ . so we have been on this for anout 6 weeks now and she is getting all her fur back and is not as rashy as before, this is going to take some time, she is also on a oral pill Prescription 2 times a day for her Allergys and has to take a bath in her special Doggy Soother to help sooth her skin....Ya she sounds HIGH Maintainae but she is Well Worth it.
Thanks Kara!Have a Puggy Day!Willow and Lisa

Anonymous said...

SOme pugs just get ear infections a LOT. Holly used to be like that. We have to clean her ears constantly to keep them at bay.

My Pugs Blogger said...

You are good mama for taking care of her! I hope Willow is feeling better soon. Give her a big hug from Meimei and Miko